Friday, May 15, 2009

RE: Texas Politics: Rising Tuition Rates

This is my response to Kayla's blog regarding the Legislative debate over Texas' Universities deregulated tuition:

Kayla,

I think your post is very interesting, and considering all the classmates on our blogrolls, it clearly is applicable.

I'm curious to see any outside links, blogs, newspaper articles, anything in your post showing where you got your information from. Also, the numbers regarding percent increase from 2003 to 2007 may or may not be accurate, but they are no longer current. NextStudent.com (http://www.nextstudent.com/student-loan-blog/blogs/sample_weblog/archive/2009/05/14/19754.aspx) posts that an 86% increase in tuition from 2003 to 2008 is the number that the Legislature has facing them.

You did extremely peak my interest in the part about textbooks, considering we all spend a fortune on them each semester in the bookstore OR we spend a fortune and gamble on getting the right textbook and supplemental materials when we order or rent them online. But again, I really wish there was a link to your source for this so I could read more about it. Granted, I'm about to go Google it myself, but for convenience and credibility's sake, it would be nice.

Again, I think you chose an excellent topic to post about, but I believe there is much room for expansion, explanation, and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment